Led by Deborah Beck Busis, LCSW, participants will learn how to implement a cognitive behavioral treatment program for weight loss and maintenance through an experiential two-day workshop designed for dieters and individuals who work with dieters. In this workshop, which is based on The Beck Diet Solution and The Diet Trap Solution, participants will learn evidence-based strategies aimed at modifying their clients’ thinking and behavior so they can make permanent changes in their eating. Participants will learn how to conceptualize the difficulties their clients face and plan strategies to handle them effectively.
2 Days, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Beck Institute | Directions
This workshop will demonstrate specific skills clinicians can use to teach their dieters how to:
- Overcome reluctance, resistance, and rebellion
- Motivate themselves daily
- Deal effectively with hunger and craving
- Eliminate emotional eating
- Respond to feelings of unfairness, disappointment, discouragement, and deprivation
- Recover right away from a dieting mistake
- Follow their plan, even when they don’t feel like it
- Handle stressful situations and special occasions
- Set realistic and achievable goals
For hotel and travel assistance, contact our travel team online or via phone at (919) 336-4126 x3.
There are two hotels within walking distance of the Beck Institute with special rates available. The Hilton City Avenue is directly across the street, and the Courtyard Philadelphia City Avenue (formerly the Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West) is about a ten-minute walk from Beck Institute. The Courtyard also offers a shuttle to Beck Institute trainees that will take you to and from our office each morning and afternoon.
Are you a dieter? You may be interested in our Beck Diet Solution workshop.
To read more about this event, click the button below.