This workshop, taught by Robert Hindman, PhD, will focus on how to integrate and adapt mindfulness strategies into cognitive behavior therapy. We’ll particularly focus on using mindfulness strategies in CBT for anxiety and depression. We will also discuss how to tailor mindfulness strategies to fit individual clients’ cognitive conceptualizations. In addition to didactic lecture and discussions, we will review case examples and engage in experiential mindfulness exercises.
8:45-10:30: Definition of mindfulness; Research on mindfulness
10:40-12:00: Integrating mindfulness into CBT for anxiety disorders
1:00-2:20: Integrating mindfulness into CBT for depression
2:30-4:00: Additional uses for mindfulness and customizing mindfulness to the client
- Be able to define mindfulness.
- Summarize the research on mindfulness-based interventions.
- Learn how to practice mindfulness through experiential exercises.
- Be able to incorporate mindfulness into CBT for depression.
- Be able to incorporate mindfulness into CBT for anxiety disorders.
- Be able to modify mindfulness strategies for individual clients.
Travel and Hotel Information
For hotel and travel assistance, contact our travel team online or via phone at (919) 336-4126 x3.
There are two hotels within walking distance of the Beck Institute with special rates available. The Hilton City Avenue is directly across the street, and the Courtyard Philadelphia City Avenue (formerly the Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West) is about a ten-minute walk from Beck Institute. The Courtyard also offers a shuttle to Beck Institute trainees that will take you to and from our office each morning and afternoon.